View Single Post
      09-15-2019, 04:01 PM   #22
blckz06
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcthedark View Post
As an Indy shop installed gapped (aka non approved BMW parts) I would assume BMW to be happy of having another excuse to avoid paying anything.
Champion plugs (used as OEM parts by many manufacturers) normally do not just disintegrate without reason (otherwise you would have heard of the class action law suit) and destroy engines so you must have had a damaged set/ fake plugs/ damaged during gapping/ damaged during install.
Just because he offered his opinion on the brand doesn't make him responsible. It is your car and your decision. You went with MP so you knew your warranty was voided. Then you decided to install new spark plugs (without any needs as it sounds you didn't run into misfire etc.).
If the boost blew your engine or constant misfire did ..... then I would look to MP but for this?
While Champion plugs may be used in other OEM applications, those applications are not running under increased stress of higher boost. MP themselves said that running higher boost places significantly more stress on the spark plug.

I'm relying on the tuner to be knowledgeable on the appropriate supporting mods (including spark plugs) needed for their specific tune.

To be clear, I'm not blaming MP for anything. But I would think twice if you're getting their tune and planning to install their Champion plugs.

You pay to play, no issue here. If warranty gets denied I'll pay out of pocket. Will just have to pass on my C8 allocation next year.
Appreciate 0