03-23-2020, 04:16 PM   #1
thadoggfatha
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS5

Exclamation 2018 330i throwing CEL - P0171- System too Lean Bank 1

Hi All,

I drive a 2018 330i which is stock aside from a muffler delete and cosmetic stuff. Just posting here to get an idea of what issue my car is having. I took my car to Policaro Bmw in Brampton.

I have taken the car twice now because it was throwing a CEL. The first time(Feb 11) they ended up replacing the tank vent valve and the light went away.

Within 3 days the CEL came back. The following week I took the car again (Feb 19) and they ran a scan and determined that 'Mixture Fault is present" they also did a smoke test for the ventilation system and didn't find a leak. All they did was perform a software update and reset adaptation. The CEL went away.

Fast forward more than a month later (March 22) the car is giving another CEL and I ran the code at home with a cheap scan tool at it was saying "P0171- System too Lean Bank 1". With the COVID 19 dealerships are closed and I will likely not be going anywhere anyways. But I would appreciate any advice before I go to BMW for my next appointment with them.

Also want to find out if they will VOID warranty with a Muffler Delete.

Thanks for any help and be safe out there!
Appreciate 0