Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by harkes View Post
He must have Better check it is working from time to time

Log looks good. Great boost control! Try add some octane booster to see if that will clean up the timing (nothing to worry about though).
Thanks for giving my graph a look. Hmm. Interesting that you commented on the boost control. This is actually an "After" log taken after installing two new mods on my stock turbo N55 EWG.

1) Pure Turbos N55 inlet pipe, enlarged the unboosted air inlet to the stock turbo by 42%
2) Turbosmart's new electronic N55 Blow Off Valve, plumb back version, replaced my stock Diverter Valve.

I thought that I had two good "Before" logs but the data was screwed up. I was attempting to see if I could reproduce data that another guy got when the addition of the Pure Turbos inlet increased his MAF reading from 5,000 RPMs and up.

I saved labor costs by installing both parts at the same time so this whole thing isn't a perfectly designed scientific experiment. I am getting MAF values up to 46 which is higher than he got. He was trying to estimate added horsepower from increased MAF numbers. Not sure how valid that assumption is. Tough when you only have a butt dyno!

My car is running very powerfully with an obvious decrease in low end turbo lag and an obvious increase in horsepower and torque. The engine just feels like it has power all of the time. Pretty cool!
I was hoping to have some real data to share but I'll be writing it all up and posting with photos over the next couple of days.
Appreciate 1
MAKH 588.50