View Single Post
      04-12-2018, 01:14 PM   #18
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Also, I've put together an Amazon list located here: http://a.co/ahypNm2

I've listed a 16GB SDCard. The minimum is 8GB, but I recommend 16GB to give wiggle room for future updates and capabilities (i.e. PTF adding a coding platform to this as well, for coding other things like lights, chime, etc.)

I've listed in all the RP3 Model B, enclosure (You could really buy any, but this is likely tucked away, so who cares about looks), SD Card (mentioned above), ENet Cable (If you need one), and a Micro B cable to power (You very likely have a spare lying around.

For those wondering, there is two ways of tucking this thing away. You can either use the panel under the steering wheel or glovebox OR you can hid it in the center console. I did mine in the panel below the steering wheel, as this was easiest. I ran a USB cable from a car adapter that I plugged into the plug under the glovebox (If you didn't know you had one there, now you do) and ran it through the trim, under the radio, and into the device. I ran the OBDII cable straight up into the area as well. If you want to move the plug completely out of the way, you can unclip the OBDII plug and just push it back up into the panel for a cleaner look. I would like to look into a 90 degree cable as well, for those not wanting to push the OBDII port up into the panel.

2013 F30 328i: MHI Big Turbo, GFB DV+, Mishimoto CAI, ER TIC/CP/Catless DP, AWE Touring Quad Exhaust w/ Resonated Midpipe, NGK LI Plugs, BM3 with PTF Stage 2 91 AGG Tune, Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP, Solowerks S1 Coilovers, and DEPO/M-Sport Retrofit
Appreciate 0