mlev
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Tesla Model Y Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBimmerBloke View Post
It looks great, the wheels are in shade though so can't really see the color
Is that a matte black lip? Where did you get it from and how's the fitment? Are there different types of front splitters/lips? Apart from different material, I heard carbon fiber lip breaks easily on small impacts.
Also, how is your experience with lowering springs? How long have you had them for?
Thanks. Yeah the shadow makes it hard to see but the wheels have a nice deep aggressive concave. The lip is from eBay, ikonmontorsports. If you go to their profile (or regular eBay) and search "F32 lip" you will see all the options for your car. Mine was called "DP style". Fitment was very good. F30 lips will not fit on the F32.

I chose a polyurethane (dense black gloss plastic) for that reason. They don't crack like carbon fiber does, plus CF is usually much more expensive. For example, I had my brakes changed the other day and the installer test drove my car. He pulled right up to a median and hit it with my lip. I got out, wiped the white concrete dust off my lip, and it looked good as new. I am certain that would have cracked a CF lip.

Car has been lowered for about 5 months. I love the look, H&R sport springs really give the perfect stance. But obviously suspension is stiffer and a bit bumpier being lower to the ground. It's a sacrifice I'm willing to make for now, but down the road may put on Koni Yellow or possibly Bilstien B8's. I've heard the Koni Yellow's are very comfortable with Dinan Springs or something similar. With M Sport shocks and H&R sport springs, potholes can be rough/loud if you hit them. Car handles great though and I am happy with just the H&R's for the time being
Appreciate 0