Quote:
Originally Posted by XxThe_RemedyXx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxThe_RemedyXx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
I'm kind of debating on changing the whole thing--pretty big price difference as far as the whole piece or just gaskets--especially if the cover is fine. My car has 65k. Couple of vids, including the one in this thread, show just the gasket change. Wondering what the dealer does by default.
I swapped the entire thing for piece of mind. Who knows if the old one was warped or had micro cracks in it that would eventually fail. I figured if I'm doing all of this work I might as well just swap the entire thing out and be done with it. I would HIGHLY recommend swapping the PCV hose, I'd go as far as saying it was a requirement for this job. No way I was putting that back.

I'm still trying to figure out what that hose was in the video that was missing on my vehicle. That and why both vacuum ports were plugged instead of just the one.
IIRC was a port for vacuum activated wastegates. I think there used to be a cap. You could reach out to FCP.
This is the only picture I've been able to find with regards to this port. It's number 2 in the picture but no solid info...

Should it be capped?
Mine factory cover wasn't so I wasn't to concerned

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0