View Single Post
      08-18-2013, 02:15 PM   #82
Thud
Throbbing Member
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarianboar View Post
Assuming you can find equal number of Diesel stations as Petrol Stations, at the spur of the moment and ease/convenience.
It honestly hasn't been an issue where I live.

Quote:
I like the Diesel cars, 335d was a blast, too bad they don't bring it in anymore.
I know, I want to hold on to mine for a long time because it'll be a while before we can get a big diesel motor in a small sedan again. Maybe Audi will send the A4 3.0TDI here but I doubt it.

Quote:
The only problem is the general perception of cost calculation. How much will it cost extra, is it worth the saving?
In our country that is how the equation is, not so in Europe where diesel cars are way more popular. I for one minute would find it hard to believe Europeans drive more than Americans.

If its that close : $1750, I would be a little nicer to the environment if I am not too concerned about the power and a bit of extra engine noise. 328d (320d) unfortunately does not cut it for me but very attractive option.
The 328d, when compared against other 4-cylinder diesels, looks like an attractive option. You have to pay the BMW tax of course, but BMW's motor spanks the VW/Audi version in terms of power and fuel economy. The 328d doesn't do as well when compared against the 328i, it gives up too much in power (whereas the 335d didn't give up all that much against the 335i).

I'll probably drive one just to see... now that I'm a responsible family man (cough) I think a diesel wagon would be better than any SUV I can think of.
2008 BMW 135i / 6MT
2002 Z06 Corvette
Appreciate 0