View Single Post
      01-18-2018, 02:04 PM   #5
carpediem24
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Chrysler 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
In either case, you will also need snow tires, such as Blizzak WS80 or Michelin XIce xi3. Neither of the DWS06 nor AS3+ (nor any others in that category) will be as capable of stopping/turning as well in the winters in your area. They can handle "light" snow at most...when you can still see most of the concrete below you. (Most tires will get you going, but that is convenience...stop/turn is the life/limb saving stuff).

Congrats, good luck, and enjoy!
Thanks for your reply, Sportstick,

I have a driven a FWD with AS tires and now drive a Chrysler 300 AWD with AS tires and been in MN snow for 7 years now and I've survived well. From that alone, I am hoping to be fine with just the AS and ditching Snow tires.

But if I were to indulge in that thought, I'll need space for 2 set of tires in my tiny garage. The Runflats that I have to return at the end of three years and spare AS/Summer tires when I'm using Snow tires. I really dont have the space to store them. Does BMW offer any sort of storage plans for tires? If yes, how expensive are they? Or is there an alternative that I can consider?
Appreciate 0