United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tojo_m View Post
Yes JL of course
I don't mind sacrificing trunk space.

This is what I have in mind:
1) Swap out the amplifier with a better amp.
2) Swap out the OEM under seat 8" woofers with better quality shallow mount subs, dedicated to just mid bass (from 150Hz to 60Hz)
3) Install a dedicated true sub-woofer in the trunk, that will handle low bass (25Hz-60Hz)
4) Would also like the sound to be flattened out using some kind of parametric equalization.
5) I might also upgrade the mid range and the tweeters, but that's lower priority.

Yes, I know that all this will run much more that my initial $1000 budget.

Problem is that I don't want any wires cut and the installation should be reversible to original OEM setup if needed. I know it is possible. Problem is that I don't know of any reputed/capable audio store in Phoenix that can do all this.
You should be able to do what you want yourself and save some money if you're electronically inclined. It should be basically plug and play minus any extra amps you'll need (you'll have to run a new power supply or tap into an existing one). I used to do that sort of thing in all my cars, the head unit and planning where to hide the wires were the hardest parts, but I was always easily able to return it to factory with little effort. For your install you wont even have to pop open the doors and worry about scratching or misalignment issues.

All that said, if you're not into doing that yourself, I'd really be careful where you take it, make sure you can get a look at some of their installs and ensure they're of quality work. (what you want isn't difficult for a half decent shop but you want to make sure they take care not to beat up your car in the process)
Appreciate 0