09-29-2020, 02:34 AM   #1479
serge858
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 E70

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamipanther View Post
Hi, serge858:

We have ordered two AHD 1080p camera for front and rear, the color is vivid however the image in our AHD camera is not sharp and blurry.

I have tried both front and rear AHD 1080p cameras, the same quality, it's hardly the camera issues.

I also thought it might be unstable power supply, so I have directly connected the cameras to external 12v power supply, no difference; In the setting, both "Not supported" and "AHD-1080p-30HZ" have the same image quality, tested the rest of options, none of them works. Testing with the MCU in post #1313, Any thoughts what might go wrong?

I think I have found perfect solution to hook up both front and rear view camera at the same time. The cameras will engage as OEM, it will stay on as long as PDC is engaged, and rear camera has priority over front camera etc, the front camera will be cut off when rear camera is engaged. Unfortunately the front camera ordered can only be used as rear camera, I have to return and order another. I will post the details wiring when I finished the whole setup.
Hi,

The image quality is definitely poor, perhaps even worse than CVBS camera. Are your AHD cameras of GreenYi brand?
I have no clue about wiring for both your cameras, maybe there's the reason. Did you try to connect only backup camera? The same quality?
Appreciate 0