View Single Post
      08-31-2018, 05:10 AM   #71
Smee
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F83

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0nn0r91 View Post
I have informed the dealer along with a copy of the emissions printout, told them I'll be informing the finance company which I will do this morning.

Dealer got back to me saying if the car has an issue it needs to be repaired. And asked whether my garage had diagnosed the cause. And that there is a warranty for this.
he is kinda right. 1 you have a warranty to fix things that go wrong and 2 you still dont know what is wrong. all you know is that it failed emissions. you need to get it diagnosed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinjur View Post
This is not about repair buddy............the car was sold to you in a bad state without your knowledge

DPF gutted and MOT doctored...............just makes me think what else is a bodge on the car to get it sold?

It's not a Ford, it's a BMW and all repairs are frighteningly expensive. I would be erring on the side of caution friend and return the car

Flip, there will be (are already) LOADS of 335d's appearing because of the new model coming out

Trust us

Plenty here have seen pain with a lemon or abused car, it is NOT fun.

J
dealer might not of known of this stuff being done. lets be honest i bet they dont know the ins and outs of every car on the forecourt.

also just because its had a DPF gut doesnt make it a lemon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0nn0r91 View Post
Dealer has now phoned up the mot station I had it tested by and said its not a huge difference in the values, and that my mot tester apparently said it likely only needs a dpf regeneration which is normal for these. So me sitting at 3000 rpm on a motorway for 25 miles probably wasn't enough I guess?
tbh without it being on a diagnostic machine you arent going to know anything about a regen. the DPF could be full and no amount of Regen will fix it.

as been mentioned. get the garage to drop the sensor and inspect the DPF. if its been gutted you have 2 options

1) go back to the dealer explain that you are rejecting the car as it was explained that it was DPF deleted with means the car is not road worthy and that it would of had a Remap applied to code out the DPF.

or

2) if you really like the car. get them to supply and a new DPF (Expensive and wont be covered by your warranty) and then they will need to flash the car back to stock.

again i will say it again just because it has a DPF delete and Map doesnt make it a lemon but at the end of the day its what you want. either way if it was me that dealer needs to replace DPF and remap the car again

Old: F32 435d M Sport - Mods : HR Sport Springs, 20" Veemann V-FS23 in Gun Metal, M Performance Body Kit, Pedal Covers, Eurspec CF Mirror Caps, More-BHP remap 364 BHP 741 NM, M4 Under Chassis Brace, 15mm Rear ARB, 8.8" Screen Retrofit and LCI Stereo facia Retrofit
Appreciate 1
jinjur55.00