View Single Post
      04-17-2017, 08:32 PM   #15
Zymon
Rep
Drives: F30 316i

Some bugs in the system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raichean View Post
Correct, that it is an android system with full touch screen. The original car displays are available through two tiles (titled 'original car' and the radio) and they display as normal. So everything you had before is still available, and candidly looks much better with the new display, and then you have all of the other added functionality.
Good day raichean. Thks for the video. I've successfully installed mine on my F30 316i.

Just 1 comment, 1 query and 1 sharing.

For the comment. Ref to the video, my 316i does not come with the optic cable as you have indicated in the video. I'm referring to the black and green wired cable that's needs to be plug into the new harness.

For the query. Not sure if you have the same issue as me. Whenever I go into video, music or some other apps, it will auto cut the FM radio channel I'm listening to. Upon existing to the home page, when I touch the screen on "original car" and "Radio", it will not bring me back to the last listened radio channel. Instead the former will lead me to the Bluetooth set up page and the latter will lead me to the AUX/USB page ; both via the original BMW Idrive. I need to exit by touching the screen and press either the "original car" or "Radio" again to have the last radio channel playing. Do you have this issue?

For the sharing. I noticed my video and music volume is extremely soft after the installation. Even when turning up to the max volume in the android settings, it has no use. No issue to the radio though. ( note if you do so by manually rotating the volume knob to turn up the volume for video/music, when you tune back to radio, it you will get a heart attack, due to the mismatch in the volume setting).To have the video/music volume in the android player playing a louder volume whenever I start a video or music, what I did was to( 1 time effort):

1) insert any 3.5mm jack( short one will do) into the AUX point found in the arm rest. Then have the free end coiled up( if too long--no use for the other end). Do this when car power is off! If you power on and insert, it will not work. at least for me.

2) Power up the car. Go to the original Idrive , go to the multimedia setting. Go under AUX, enter it and you can adjust the volume from there. Its between 0-20. I've set mine to 15. Bingo. Its registered and now the issue is resolved. Hope this help folks who encounter this issue.

By the way, has anyone successfully installed the backup camera for this Avin 1025 unit? I'm not successful despite following some instructions from Tommy.
Appreciate 1