View Single Post
      11-23-2011, 08:23 AM   #115
InTheNightKitchen
Ignorance is Bliss?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1 of Many

I think both of you are correct BUT doesn't it really boil down to driving style which would determine your setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Explain? Even sized tires and a 50/50 weight balance will provide the most neutral and balanced handling, which is why many track junkies move to a square setup. Staggered setups have generally occurred for two reasons, it looks aggressive (which you could call marketing) and it helps introduce understeer, which keeps people safe, but it does not make for better handling.

Assuming they can fit, consider 245's in a square setup vs the current 225/255 combination. Handling would be better with 245's, braking (90% of which moves to the front tires and brakes under full effort) would be better too. You could rotate too, which would give significantly longer life to all four tires. I'd actually be tempted to order my F31 with the lowest spec wheels and the adaptive suspension and upgrade wheels and tires to a more aggressive square setup.
More surface area in the rear=more traction. I'll take the added traction of a staggered setup knowing the car might be more susceptible to understeer. Not to mention i prefer a small tire upfront for improved steering response. IMO
Appreciate 0