11-02-2018, 10:40 PM   #8
jjrandorin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 435 & 2016 X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by xantdieselx View Post
Thanks for posting. My 16' M235i lease is up in 132 days. I confirmed the above with my SA. I was planning on buying my lease out this week because my local credit union has some pretty low rates. My SA told me to wait a couple of weeks because I'll be within 120 days. I owe 32k right now and the car has 35k miles.

I would be fine paying 32k because the car is mint and it's been maintained religiously (O/C every 5k, new tires, brakes). My residual is 29.8k so if I could potentially get the car for 29k just for waiting a couple of weeks I'll be stoked.
It isnt going to work like that, unfortunately. The difference in your buy out price now, and the residual is most likely the sum of your remaining payments.

From everything I have been told from BMW insiders, its 90 days out that BMW FS will make the offer to you, and it will still include you paying any remaining payments.

Since there no official pull aheads, there is no get out of jail free card for those last payments. One can always look into buying a new car if they were going to do that, and see if a dealer can "absorb" them, but thats on the dealer, and not applicable to lease buyout anymore because of the change in policy.

Im a bit confused as to why your dealer told you to wait until you are 120 days out... maybe its because you will have made a payment and there will be 3 payments left?

In any case, considering the discount (currently 700 on a 2016 2 series), from residual you would still have to account for any remaining payments in the buyout price. If you get told something different when you go to check when you are 120 days out, let us know.
Appreciate 0