View Single Post
      02-12-2021, 11:34 AM   #1
javia1492
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 328i xDrive

Potential Issues - 2016 435i Gran Coupe

I'm looking to buy a used 2016 435i gran coupe from a BMW dealer. I know a friend who works for the dealership, specifically the used cars. I previously had a 2009 328i until this past Tuesday when it was totaled (not my fault). I loved the car but man did it have some issues (oil pan gasket leak, electric water pump failure, blower motor failure, valve cover gasket...). The car was paid off but i was probably spending 2-3k a year on fixes.

Anyways, I'm considering this used 2016 435i gran coupe. It only has 23k miles and was previously owned by an elderly lady who barely drove it. The car looks to be in great condition, almost like new, and is fully loaded. It's going for around 25k which is like 1.5k under KBB value and given the used car market in my area at the moment, that's a really good deal. I would like to know if there are any known failures on the car or potentially expensive repairs that will have to be done (i.e. oil pan gasket on my 09 328i was a day's labor cuz they had to drop the subframe....germany ftw).

If anyone could outline what common problems on the car are and the estimate repair costs, that would be appreciated. Ty.
Appreciate 1
F36Vader238.00