View Single Post
      02-19-2020, 05:51 PM   #1
mholder
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 F30 340i Black, mppsk

340i m Performance Brake Kit pads and rotors

I just took my 340i with the m performance brake kit into my BMW service center because the front brakes are starting to squeal a little bit after about 18,000 miles. The service center advised that the front pads are down to 3.5mm and BMW recommends replacement below 4mm. They further advise that my rotors show evidence of grooving and have a lip at the outer edge. BMW will not resurface the m performance rotors and that they are a one time use item and they will not put new pads on without replacing the rotors. After vigorously questioning this they advised that if they could get the service manager to agree to changing out the pads only they would only do so If I agreed to release them from any liability and warranty provisions because they deem this course of action to be unsafe and against BMW policy for this brake system. So in essence they want me to replace the pads and the rotors for roughly $1500 per front axle. Does this sound right to those who own or are familiar with the m performance break kits.

Last edited by mholder; 02-19-2020 at 09:26 PM..
Appreciate 0