View Single Post
      02-21-2020, 09:17 AM   #17
njdangelo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 x5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
So it's only during winter months and you are positive that it is all four that you are hearing?

I have heard complaints that the M Performance dimpled & slotted rotors are noisy, but I don't remember a loud squeal being mentioned.

I've heard squeal complaints about cheap pads like Powerstops. If you do replace pads go with Hawk 5.0. I'm convinced that they are the best street performance pad. Better than BMW pads in every category.

If the noise is definitely coming from all four, then it has to be something systemic. You already mentioned all rotors and all pads. If it's the type of brake pad paste I'd buy some BMW pad paste from a dealer and reapply.

It could also be something that you are missing, like one cleaning or paste application step. Make sure to review cleaning all of the pad slide surfaces and pins. And also review the paste application procedure in detail which I'm sure is on newtis website.

Hope this helps!
It's the fronts primarily. Brought to BMW too and said all is kosher and the noise is normal.... I was going to buy the hawks because i agree with you, best brake pad I have ever used.
Appreciate 1
johnung4525.00