United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam_440i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthewricha View Post
The Bilstein front spring cups are orientated differently to OEM and therefore raise the ride height up with the same spring. I.e. my 10mm lower MP Springs yield an OEM ride height with the B4 DT's.

Could someone confirm if this is a XDrive thing or is this the case with all B4's?

I want to achieve a nice Eibach level drop using their springs, so if the b4's raise the front slightly higher - what good springs can I use to compensate for the increase in height to still achieve the Eibach drop without the front looking noticeably higher?
The Bilstein height raise is not an XDrive related issue. This video explains it well. I don't think it specifically shows B4's but if you've read people complain about B4 ride height increase then it must include them too.

You don't say what year or model you have. But if you are considering Bilstein B4's then consider the Koni Special Actives instead. B4's are really just stiff replacement dampers while the KoniSA's are a combination comfort and sport shock. And they won't change ride height. I installed them with Eibach springs, and the drop was spot on with Eibach drop estimates

Hope this helps!
Appreciate 0