View Single Post
      11-30-2020, 02:45 AM   #2041
serge858
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 E70

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake1234 View Post
Has anyone else that has the HK 16 speaker surround system notice the sound quality is far worse than with OEM? It seems the majority of sound I hear is coming from the centre speaker and much less from the side tweeters and mid range speakers. Plenty of bass though. When compared to OEM it is just unlistenable I'm on the latest firmware.

Is this common or has my unit been hooked up wrong? I had it professionally installed so I'd really like to know if I need to take it back to them. Thanks!

I also sometimes only get sound from the centre speaker (no bass or any other speakers that I can tell) which only comes back after playing around with switching inputs and volume.
Have you installed Sound Restorer app? It helps to keep your android sound stable, avoid such cases when the sound goes out of the central speaker only.

Is your OEM system NBT or CIC? Normally on NBT there are no sound issues like on CIC where you need to connect AUX using extension cable in some cases.

Try also sound settings in the android, different sound sources, different players to compare.
Normally sound from android side is comparable with oem, since aux is just a part of your oem system.
Appreciate 0