12-06-2017, 10:22 AM   #7
MacklinUSOB
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: f30 328i 6MT Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by elroy443 View Post
Interestingly when I google the flywheel and clutch number, it says that it doesn't fit my 320d f30.

would this be a factor in what I'm feeling? I can't see how it wouldn't be
That is very interesting that they aren't associated...
I checked RealOEM.com as well and it shows the proper BMW 320d Clutch kit numbers as either 21 20 8 631 809 or 21 20 7 635 808, neither are listed on the OE part number references on the LuK part you have on your invoice.

Per your order sheet, and checking the numbers, they must have assumed compatibility between the 520d and 320d clutch kits. What the difference in the parts are, I don't know... BUT they sure have different and unassociated numbers, which means they ordered and installed the incorrect part. The flywheel on your invoice is the correct one, however, with the symptoms you're describing, the surface may be shot after mating to the incorrect clutch.

You should prepare something to illustrate that the clutch part numbers are not correct, and assert your symptoms are related to that. This should be more than enough reason for the dealer to order the correct parts and replace them at their cost. This is a bad screw up on their part.

Here is what they SHOULD have installed:

Clutch Kit

Spitballing, but I think this may come down to the fact that LuK has no entry for the 320d in their online catalog. The closest model in there is the 328d, which uses the clutch kit on your invoice. Hope this helps.
328i RWD | MW on CRed Slick Top | 6MT | BM3 | MPE | GPlus FMIC | CSF Radiator | Millway Street Camber Plates & Monoballs | KW V2 6k/18k Swift Springs | F80 LCA/TS | SPL Bump Steer Kit | APEX SM-10 | R-S4 | DS2500 | RBF600 | SS Lines |
Past: E36 328is & E38 740i
Appreciate 1