johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakep8 View Post
Hi All, I have a broken wheel lock and a stripped wheel key. The issue I'm facing is that my Vorsteiner Wheels do not have the same sized wheel lug well as stock wheels, meaning BMW cannot fit their lock extraction tools. Attached is a picture of the broken lock and wheel, anything you know that can help let me know! Thank you all in advance for reading, and hope you're having a great day!

Also, 4 tire shops have refused to work on the car because they don't want to damage the wheel. I have been trying to find a solution for 3 weeks and still nothing. Anyways, thanks for reading!
Not sure what you mean by the wheel lock is broken. Looks okay in photo.

If the wheel lock key is damaged, you can email closeup photos of the wheel lock to McGard. They can match the photo and send you a brand new key.

Spray PB blaster into the wheel lock area. And have brake cleaner handy to clean it up later.

I use a short 1/2" drive socket that slips over the wheel lock key. (Shorter sockets are easier to hold onto the wheel lock key.) Then a long 25" 1/2" drive breaker bar into the socket.

Have someone hold the socket perfectly straight on the wheel lock key as someone turns the breaker bar to loosen it. I even bought an 18" piece of steel pipe at Lowe's that slips over the breaker bar to create even more torque.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0