10-26-2023, 09:55 AM   #4
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logicoeur View Post
This has been covered so many times. Measure your rotors. Or look up the part numbers for compatibility.

Track handling package is 370mm up front. The calipers are the same part number for the F8x. Mperformance package only changes the caliper color and adds slots and drilled rotors. Everything else is the exactly the same.

Pads for all of those 4piston brembo calipers, no matter the color of said caliper, even if it's unpainted and gray are exactly the same dimensions and swappable.

You want more bite flush your brake fluid, upgrade the fluid at the same time if you want, throw on stainless lines if you want, and upgrade the pads to something more aggressive.

Again pads are all the same so you can search in the F8x forum if you want really aggressive pads, etc.

I am running Mogul 5.1 and Ferodo ds2500 pads. More bite than oem, even better for the track, with stoptech lines, and 2piece rotors up front in 340mm. They were stock gray Brembos that I powder coated. Even those are good enough for the track with good pads and fluid.
Changing brake fluid - even prior to the 2 year mark - and replacing OEM brake lines with stainless steel brake lines - is an excellent recommendation.
Appreciate 0