Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerFan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejan_ View Post
Lol glad you found it useful. I didn't think to do a video with my iPhone. But now that I have a GoPro hmmmm maybe.

I didn't do Reinstall since it's pretty much just all in reverse but there were some tricky snags when fitting it back on.

I've literally had my DME out about 6-7 times and now that I unlocked it and run bm3 it'll never need to come back out. It takes me like 15 min to take out a an N55 dme now. M3/4 is a whole different animal tho stupid intercooler
Haha, I was kidding about the re-installation and video. Your removal DIY was extremely useful even for the non mechanically inclined like myself. 6-7 minutes?! Wow! it took me half a Sunday evening..lol, but then I was taking my time and I have a JB4 and PI kit I had to work around..damn wire guides. Just got my unlocked ECU back today and will be re-installing it this evening. Let the fun times begin!
No no lol I've had it out about "6-7" times. And I've got it down now with all the correct tools and knowing tricks and shortcuts takes me about 15 min to actually pull the dme out. 6 min I wish lol.

On a bad day 20 min .

I've also removed one of the harness brackets on top that houses the engine cover post so with that being out of the way it's much easier.