01-20-2016, 09:36 AM   #76
Outlaw 06
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240i (daily driver)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianFanatic View Post
There is no issue whatsoever running a tire that is 3% taller (or shorter) than stock so long as you run the same size on a given axle (or all four corners if AWD). The only side effect would be an error in indicated speed. But, since BMWs are calibrated with an optimistic bias, you may actually be making the indication more accurate.

Your second comment about that 5% delta in aspect ratio is losing sight of a key bit of information in the post you quoted - he's referring to his WINTER tires. Your comments are wholly redundant. I'll also add that, on public roads, you'll be hard pressed to find anyone that is able to discern any measurable difference in handling, braking, or feel if comparing a 45 series tire with a 50 series tire of the same section width and model.

It's great that you're such an expert, but you should probably refrain from offering opinions as fact unless you have data to back up your claims. Related, having read something on the internet does not make you an expert.

Cheers
You clearly understand the concept...

My square 17x8, 225/50 R17 winter set-up on my 2013 F30 328i.
Attached Images

Last edited by Outlaw 06; 01-27-2016 at 04:35 PM.. Reason: Added photo of 17" winter wheel/tire set-up.
Appreciate 0