Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howowcanigo View Post
Over here in Europe, people'll put those parts on a 320d or less
I'll probably too. If you like the look but can't afford a real M (which a lot of people can't over here), why not mod it the way you want.
I understand some people don't like it and I personally disapprove someone faking an M, but these don't even make the car look like a real M.

And hey, this pays for the development of M cars

Howow
I've seen it quite a few times in the Netherlands that I drove by a M3, or so it looked from the back (like a spitting image), and that it turned out to be a regular 3 series with some mods. I basically have no problem with people modding their car but I do feel it is kind of silly to make it look identical to a M, including small details like the ///M logo on the back and everything, only to find out it is that a 316, 318 or something similar instead. In my personal view, one should mod their car in such a way that it becomes a personal piece of work, something that carries your own signature so to say, not an exact copy of something you can buy in the store for a lot more money. It's just as silly as those ready-to-go kits that you could buy in Germany before (not sure if they still sell them). All you needed was a donor chassis and you can build your own Ferrari or Lambo. But just that you have build your own Ferrari, didn't make it an actual Ferrari
Appreciate 0