Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo08816 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
The Extreme Contact Sport is not the Sports Contact 6. I cannot speak about the Extreme Contact Sport as AutoBild did not test that tire.

As you note, the generic SC6 is rare in USA outside of a few specific Audi variations. TireRack does not sale the generic SC6 so they could not be rated if anyone even wanted to.

The SC6 is also considerably cheaper than the MPS4S head to head so that evens out the lower treadwear rating.

The MPS4S is a fine tire. My only point for posting is to correct the statement they are universally praised for best in class.
Yes, but at the end of the day, if the tire isn't available and not intended to be available, then who cares?

In fact, I would argue that, at best, the SC6 is a version of "dumping". It's when you release a product at a price that's substantially lower than either its competitors or even manufacturing costs just to grab a few headlines. I would also argue that since it's been out for a while but still not available, then Continental is not actually serious about actually selling this tire.

If the SC6 was available for purchase, then perhaps the cost argument against the PS4S would hold weight. Basically, the SC6 is a fairy tale tire that doesn't exist in real life.
Again, I have them. I know several others Forum members that do as well.

Available at any tire place in EU.

So much for fairy tales.

Using your logic, AntiDazzle headlights and Laser Headlights are a fairytale as well.

The difference is SC6 tires are actually DOT approved.
Attached Images

Last edited by IK6SPEED; 07-14-2018 at 01:15 PM..
Appreciate 0