Diegov209
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 540i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by avarma View Post
Hey!

I have 2014 428 xi w 58k miles, leased off of demo. After never having any mechanical issues with the car, 2 weeks ago a drivetrain malfunction notice popped up. The car was shaking, limited in it's output and making a ticking noise. I drove it the dealership closest to me. It didn't stall while driving there, just kept shaking and the steering was very tight. When I got there, the dealership mistreated me, never allowed me to meet with my service advisor and lied about having loaner vehicles available and told me to drive home slowly and come back the next day.

On my slow drive home, the car stalled out in the middle of the road and wouldn't restart. Roadside assistance had me try to force it into neutral by turning the car on and moving the shifter forward and back a series of times, but no go.

Waited 5 hours until midnight for a tow from BMW. Now the dealership is saying the car needs a brand new engine. I find that hard to believe. Anyone ever experience this drivetrain malfunction and shaking?

Desperately looking for any advice and tips to repair.

Thank you!
Yes sir I have but but I have a 328i f30 with mods and I experinced that shaking. ticking, drive train malf and other car went into limp mode because my chargepipe wasn't on correctly and got hecka codes like map sensor fault to ground etc... Mainly the problem I had was a big boost leak were my chargepipe and intercooler was. In your situation id say tell them to check the vacumm lines, intake, chargepipe, anything to do with air flow and tell them to check the map or maf sensors as well even the fuel rail also.
Appreciate 0