View Single Post
      01-05-2017, 02:10 PM   #248
donkey
Captain
Rep
Drives: 6MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6IX-F10-N52 View Post
i think you are confusing your resonator with your secondary cats. they are two different things. a resonator has special baffling inside specifically designed for your engine to reduce drone. my quote was sourced from The Axiom - a veteran on this forum with a high reputation. he specified that you lose torque from deleting a resonator unless you fit an x-pipe in the same place where the resonator is supposed to be.

if you look at an exhaust from an e92, or a n55 stock exhaust you will note that there is a factory x-pipe in place of where a resonator would otherwise be. its there for a reason.
Here's what the stock (primary) cat-back exhaust looks like for F30 N55-
http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/d/l225...vLRa5cu0wg.jpg

We're talking about the "resonator" in the middle, no? That's a secondary cat, at least according to AWE.

Not sure what you mean RE: x-pipe, maybe it's different for the N54 since it's a twin-turbo setup (with two downpipes and secondary cats).

Either way, if you removed the secondary cat/resonator on the F30 N55 exhaust, you would only lose torque if you had absolutely no back pressure. So then it comes down to your DP and your muffler. I'm sure if you just straight piped everything after the cat you might lose a bit of torque, but not much.

Last edited by donkey; 01-05-2017 at 02:18 PM..
Appreciate 0