View Single Post
      10-29-2012, 03:16 PM   #5
Runnin and Gunnin
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i X Drive M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Xdrive View Post
Beautiful car man; love the colour. You're gonna love the x-drive in winter.
Oh I'm sure, we had our first storm of the season, dropped maybe 3 inches, did just fine at 1 in the morning with the roads a little slushy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr5959 View Post
Congratulations, looks fantastic!!! Be interested how it compares to your A5...
I agree! Like I said, the A5 was a genuinely classic vehicle. Everything about it put off the Aura of perfection (I know I know, BMW forum haha). The big differences I have seen thus far are:
-A5 is significantly wider (body) and larger on the interior for Driver/Passenger. Although, I sat passenger in the BMW last night and I didnt notice much of a difference, but I definitely noticed a difference in the drivers seat.
-I will say, even though the A5 was chipped, the pick up and go from 65 + is REMARKABLE in the BMW. Impressive, an understatement again.
-The overall feeling of the BMW is better than the A5. Steering primarily, the A5 had a more rough around the edges feel (Not quite the feeling of the BMW X5 but in between the 328 and the X5).
-I wish the BMW had LED tail lights, the Audi had them and they are distinct - call me an LED snob if you will, but I like em...I will say though, the BMW tail looks great.
-The 328 front view is the best I've seen, hands down
-Last but not least...the driveability.... I get in the BMW ...and I don't want to leave. Al the functions, all the buttons..I wouldn't have it any other way. I like my buttons to have buttons, I want buttons that don't do anything, buttons that pretend to do something...I like complicated interiors and features I couldn't even fathom how to use. The iDrive system hands down DESTROYS Audi's Infotainment system. Now I did not have Nav in the Audi, but between the large scale screens, and the dash (Speed / Tach section) was probably the biggest selling point for me on the BMW.
Appreciate 0