webdither
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M235i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianFanatic View Post
As discussed numerous times already (why so many threads about the same thing?) it's a function of the pad material. The M Sport has a more aggresive pad. Aggressive pads make noise and are very dusty. If you don't like it, have the pads changed to standard non-M Sport pads. Some prefer performance. Others comfort/convenience. Unfortunately, brake pad selection is an excercise in compromise. A new set of M-sport pads will not resolve this. It is not a defect or flaw.
I have been in a few actual M cars (M3 and M Coupe) and neither of them had brake screeching and they are likely even more agressive pads. I have also never heard and Aston Martin or Porsche or Ferrari or [insert high performance car here] screeching like a 20 year old Oldsmobile. This argument makes no sense to me.

This argument also doesn't explain why half the M Sports do have the issue and half don't in the poll.