View Single Post
      06-08-2017, 09:43 AM   #108
Zymon
Rep
Drives: F30 316i

Hi it seemed like the discussion on this item had come to a halt.

Likewise I'm sharing that the support from Avin to me had seemingly come to a stop too. Quite disappointed with the after sales service. I can understand that time is required but I can't accept an infinite period to resolve it. Worst of all is the poor or even no response from avin.

Till date there are 3 main issues I've encountered with this set but it been grilling 2 mth plus which remains unresolved.

- bluetooth issue with phone

- unable to connect Android auto via bluetooth. Avin managed to force connect via usb but caused another issue where;

- under sygic map, it was unable to read the micro sd card anymore.

There was no email updates from avin except reminders from my end prompting on the outstanding. Their earlier reply informed they will try sort things out but there is no eta to resolve the issues I've encountered. Does it mean we have no choice but to suck thumb? Their web advertised its compatible with Android auto but its definitely not! Not with bluetooth. Avin did asked me what am I looking for in the android auto and I've reiterated that it should work via bluetooth not just via usb. Thereafter total silence without acknowledgement. Mind you that was about 1 mth ago. Nothing heard since.

Just last week I've emailed them asking for an update. After a 2nd reminder avin replied he was out of office and will respond to my queries when he returns on last wed. Until today, nothing heard. I guess avin had no answer to the issues or had conveniently forgotten abt .hence chosen to ignore. I've sent reminder for update on the progress of those issues and till date silent to my emails.

For those considering buying. I would strongly advise until all issues sorted…don't… . which basing from my unpleasant experience i dont think the issues would be ever resolved. Afterall the set comes from China. You probably can get equivalent at lower price. Give a search in aliexpress and you will know what I mean.

Apologies to the supporters of avin. It did not work well for me. Not so sure about others. The initial support was pretty prompt but I guess avin has decided to drop my case with more issues surfaced since there is no solution to it. What a shame.

Last edited by Zymon; 06-08-2017 at 09:49 AM..
Appreciate 0