View Single Post
      05-04-2018, 09:30 AM   #11
sh0N
Rep
Drives: 2014 F32

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
I would tend to agree with you.

When CPO was 2 years, it covered no electronics (and even further limits).

When CPO was changed to 1 year about 12 months ago, it became equivalent to the Platinum. Extended Warranty, which does cover Electronics.

No idea when you received CPO or which was in effect at the time. Even better question is does older CPO change to Platinum?

Those are questions that would need to be answered for definitive answer, but I would elevate the question above the SA to the Service Manager or General Manager. I would think a case could be made it shoukd be covered.
To be honest, I have no idea how long the CPO lasts however I am under the impression it extends the warranty to 100k miles excluding the items listed here: http://cpo.bmwusa.com/Content/docs/B...NotCovered.pdf. I purchased the vehicle in mid 2016 but it still had plenty left on the factory warranty however I am over 50k miles which is when the CPO would kick in (I think).

Nonetheless, as I sit at the dealership this AM it seems like they're going to concede and cover the repair as its "not a bulb". Hopefully sharing this will answer someone's question in the future. If my shady dealer covers this repair, theres hope for all.....
Appreciate 0