Thread: iDrive died
View Single Post
      03-12-2014, 11:54 AM   #5
AleksandrN
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 330d m black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aritaurus View Post
It looks your head unit is not getting any power at all. If the screen gets power but no signal, you would see "No Signal" appear on the screen in orange lettering.

Open the trunk, pull out the carpet cover and right of the combox, there's a fusebox and there should be a booklet there; open it and look for the fuse for the head unit. If the fuses look good, it could be a loose connection inside the main connector to the head unit.

You can probably troubleshoot it further by removing the centre console trim and then removing the head unit to see if the main connector is not loose or anything but since your car is still under warranty, I'd take it back to the dealer.
You are right - it looks like no power at all. Fuses look good. I guess there is no quick fix solution here. OD appointment for Friday should hopefully diagnose the fault.

I will report back with any developments.

P.S. Still - how the hell do you mess up the iDrive unit while tinting the windows? I do not believe that this is a coincidence and iDrive just happened to become faulty while the car was away...
Appreciate 0