View Single Post
      12-14-2019, 07:27 AM   #264
kern417
Cheapskate
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i |2016 340i | 2010 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzBMR View Post
In the ones I've looked at with the boost spike the WGDC remains too high, at 100%, for too long. The high flow and catless systems build boost earlier, so to prevent shooting past target the WGDC should drop down (to about 89%) about 200 - 300 RPM earlier than a car with stock downpipe.
I think it's a little more of a challenge, because if you downshift and floor it at 4k-5k, it'll experience the same thing.

I know for sure, my V2.0 logs changed the boost curve. It targets 14ish psi until it peaks 14-15, and then target bumps up to 16. It still overshoots a bit sometimes, depending on how fast boost comes on. I think higher rpm pulls have more difficulty controlling boost.

But again, I just don't understand how it can be so difficult to lock in an EWG's boost control. I never had these issues with other OEM/aftermarket boost controllers and normal wastegates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC_B5X View Post
Updated Setup, here is my datalogs from my E50 Base Map.

New Setup:

VRSF 4.5" Catless DP
Remus Axleback
Dorch Engineering Stage 1 HPFP
Custom E50 Tune by Wedge Performance

Wedge E50 V1 3rd Gear (Dorch HPFP)
Wedge E50 V1 4th Gear (Dorch HPFP)
very nice. I can't wait to get started on mine.

How are you guys approaching it? Seems like a lot of boost and timing for a base map. Are you just slowly increasing the E to see how it responds?
Youtube/Instagram/TikTok: @kern417
Appreciate 0