02-25-2014, 09:41 AM   #87
tdizzle
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by conradb View Post
The main post of this thread was discussing stock 1/4mi.

I can stick turbo's on a lambo and blow away a Veyron. What's your point?
My point was in response to your remark questioning why this thread even existed because apparently you fail to see a need to discuss 1/4 mile times in a 'luxury car'.

I merely pointed out, and as this thread is 5 pages now I shouldn't need to explain further, that this is quite a popular topic and even more so as people love the fact that with very cheap modifications these cars run very fast. They're fast for a luxury sports sedan in stock form (what the OP said) and substantially faster with modifications (what I pointed out and many other posts have discussed).

Not sure I should've even bothered responding since it's quite obvious people want to talk about this by looking at this forums topics and magazine articles that always test 1/4 mile times among other performance factors when reviewing the car.

Maybe I'm being trolled and if so shame on me for assuming a genuine curious intent. Comparing a lambo to a veyron would be fun, especially since those 1,000 Lambos are insane, but I suspect that would be another forum/topic as this one is concerned with the F30's performance stock which always leads to the question "wow that's fast, what will it do with a tune > intake > downpipe > stronger tune > intercooler > race gas > e85 and so on"
Appreciate 0