View Single Post
      04-04-2018, 09:28 PM   #22
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjdnyy224 View Post
so how does the GFB DV+ create that flutter sound then? correct me if I'm wrong, but the flutter sound is the sound created when a turbo spins backwards because already compressed air wasn't diverted/recirculated. but, if this DV (and the factory one, I suppose) recirculates air back into the intake system, how come you still get the flutter sound? my knowledge of DVs is basic at best, so please correct me if my understanding is incorrect. just looking for some clarification.
Flutter is created from boost hitting the blades while it's spinning. Think of a fan turned on and you blowing into it. The DV+ does this when you let off the pedal and the boost tries escape, it's now going through one hole, so some is bound to go back. That's why it's not as loud as your normal flutter, but loud enough to hear while in the car.

EDIT: See second page. I asserted the wrong flutter.

2013 F30 328i: MHI Big Turbo, GFB DV+, Mishimoto CAI, ER TIC/CP/Catless DP, AWE Touring Quad Exhaust w/ Resonated Midpipe, NGK LI Plugs, BM3 with PTF Stage 2 91 AGG Tune, Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP, Solowerks S1 Coilovers, and DEPO/M-Sport Retrofit

Last edited by BunkerJ; 04-05-2018 at 02:09 AM..
Appreciate 1
rjd_F301999.50