e38740imd
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 640i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchi435i View Post
Short answer is no!

Others have asked the same thing about having different preset tunes for eco/comfort/sport/sport+
hmm i wasnt able to find those threads. thanks for the reply!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerHerder View Post
Weird... didn't realize the 640 had N55, same as 335...
Most of the people here will tell you to get bootmod3 and flash tune it. There's no way (with that tune) to have a different sport vs. comfort vs. eco tune loaded. The eco still operates as eco, and comfort / sport will operate the same as before, just turned up a notch. I haven't heard of anyone frying their ECU with jb4, but most people switch from jb4 to bootmod3 eventually unless they're running custom tunes and using jb4 as a meth controller. bootmod3 will solve your CEL problem with catless downpipe, but it won't solve emissions testing because it just tricks the car into not presenting the CEL so the OBD reader at an emissions testing place will read as "not ready" and you'll fail (depending on state, blah blah blah).
Hope that helps!
yea the 640 received the b58 in 2017. should i have gotten the b58? i dunno. i feel like the n55 would be a better engine to do maintenance in the future.

i will be keeping this car for years,

but this is nice to know. yea in Md the "not ready" wont fail the car. and i just took emissions testing last week so i have 2 years until the next reading.

the ecu frying was mostly happening to the e9x and 1 series cars from a while back. these testimonials are from my friends friends etc so i really dont know them but 2 of them told dont do it lol.

well this sums up my question. if the eco pro still cuts boost and throttle response i would be happy with that.

thanks guys!
Appreciate 1