View Single Post
      05-07-2018, 09:41 AM   #4
Drastaa
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: 2012, 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBJohnny View Post
Hi all, I have a 2012 f30 335i. The car is fairly new to me and I've come from an Audi so I'm a little unfamiliar with some of these systems.

My car has had a drive train malfunction warning come up 3 times in about 5 days now. All of these times have been under moderate acceleration in comfort and sport mode. When it happens the car has no boost, sluggish performance and the exhaust is louder than normal and sounds flat. When the key is re cycled the warning goes away. I have one code that will not clear:

133e10
Valvetronic system: disabled to frequent Verstellfehler

I've been searching around the forums and I cant seem to find a real clear answer as to what this could be. Some people say it may need an update others say the valvetronic motor is shot. The car has a stock tune to my knowledge although I bought it used with 88k miles. Any insight is appreciated.
Hello there,

I've got a pretty much the same car as you got there since this years March. A few weeks into the car I also got a drivetrain message, got pretty much scared, parked the car outside the house and the next morning, to my surprise, it was gone. Then it happened again, turned off the engine, started it again and poof, gone. And for the third time it happened on highway, stopped at gas station, smoked a cigarette, poof, gone - So I went to the dealership (I had the same err. as you do 133E10)

Talked to the mechanic and he told me that it is pretty common at my milage (87k) when the car was abused in the past. He said the Valvetronic kinda wears-out and in the early stages isn't really hurtful but later on if there is no action taken to fix this issue it can just destroy the engine. So he recommended me to replace the Valvetronic with its eccentric shaft.

My car is at the dealership at the moment and I should get it back on Friday. the bill should be around $1850 for the whole Valvetronic system (work incl.)

Last edited by Drastaa; 05-08-2018 at 07:26 AM..
Appreciate 0