05-29-2012, 05:59 AM   #14
Mike@N54Tuning.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocohead View Post
In my opinion waiting to see other people not having problems, and basing a purchasing decision on that data element alone, is making a buying decision based solely on internet wisdom. Generally speaking that is not my buying approach. To me, the absence of reported problems is NOT the same thing as a product being safe.

Hopefully somebody will install this product, connect the car to some monitoring equipment on a dyno, and report their findings. I understand your need to maintain a competitive advantage since you are likely one of the first to market a product for the N20.

What is BMS return policy?
Do whatever works best for you. I don't expect they will be releasing the kind of detailed information you're looking for any time soon though. The data is hard to get on your own as BMWs require special logging equipment like a BT cable, only the BT cable does not support this platform yet and may not for months to come or longer. And then the data coming from the ECU isn't correct anyway as the piggyback alters what the DME is receiving. When CAN access is added to the tune it's fairly easy to get tuning data. For example the JB4 lets you view timing advance / knock, boost, afr, all right in dash as you go, in addition to detailed logging with a laptop.

They also have a 14 day return period on tunes.

Mike
Appreciate 0