01-08-2021, 01:32 PM   #16
RickLS7
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 435D, Boxster 981S

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post
Is yours a DD RickLS7? I'm not sure the glorious howl and pops and bangs would matter much for my 2 miles a day to the station (when back in the office) but a good temperament and easy to drive might....

This brings back memories of a conversation with a former neighbour - I had a mega miles Volvo diesel because I was doing 30k miles a year and who wants a Porsche for that.... he had a Boxster (2005 vintage, brand new) but as an estate agent in a less affluent area was running a clio as a daily as the Porsche sent out the wrong image. Its hard to get a nice car and actually really get use out of it!
I use it daily from March until October and the 4 Series in Winter or when I need to move the glider trailer around. The pops and bangs are a result of pressing the sports exhaust button which is optional. Would add that I bought a Boxster instead of a Cayman as they are pretty much identical in terms of handling and power, it's just the world seems a nicer place with the roof down.

Wouldn't get a decent car if I only drove 2 miles day, pity that poor engine that never gets up to temperature.

Mines currently in the garage:

View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 1
isleaiw18805.00