SoonerJohnInDallas
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i - ED scheduled 3/1/12

SoonerJohnInDallas' F30 European Delivery Thread

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
European Delivery begins in 3... 2... 1... NOW!!! I'm all packed up and about to head for the airport. Can hardly believe the time has finally come!

Here is what I'm taking delivery of:
  • 2012 335i Sedan (F30) Sport Line with Sport Auto trans and Adaptive M Suspension
  • Mineral Grey Metallic with Black leather interior and brushed alluminum trim with black highlight stripe
  • Cold Weather Package, Driver Assistance Package, Parking Package, Premium Package, Premium Sound Package, Technology Package, BMW Assist and Apps, Speed Limit Info
Itinerary:
  • Feb 28 - depart DFW
  • Feb 29 - arrive London Heathrow, depart for Munich, arrive Munich at 12:30pm. Sightseeing in Munich rest of day. (Staying at the Hotel Bristol Munich)
  • Mar 1 - 9:00am check-in at Welt, 10:30am vehicle delivery (I'm almost certain I will be the first ED of an F30!), 11:30am factory tour, BMW museum after the tour
  • Mar 2 - Drive to Neuschwanstein Castle and tour. Other random wandering. Meet fellow Bimmerpost member "Entropic Artist" for a beer and/or dinner. (He is taking ED of an almost identical car to mine on March 2!)
  • Mar 3 though morning of Mar 5 - TBD - going to play it by ear - thinking about Alpine Road or Castle Road or Romantic Road or some combo of those 3.
  • Mar 5 - turn car in at LoginOut at Munich airport at 4:00pm
  • Mar 6 - return home - MUC/LHR/DFW
I'll be posting updates and photos to this thread throughout the trip, so stay tuned

Appreciate 0