View Single Post
      10-02-2019, 10:17 PM   #1
drivef30
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17' 340i xDrive M-Sport

G2CaliperPaint Review - DIY Blue M-Performance Calipers

So it took me a while finding the perfect 340i coming from a f30 328i. I have every option I wanted besides the Blue Brake Calipers. So to fix this, I installed G2CaliperPaint to get the same Estroil Blue Brake Calipers like the Mperformance brakes (granted its not the same brake performance but aesthetics is what Im going for).

I choose G2Paint over VHT(and other spray can brand), mostly because of the brush on application (no overspray) and the 2part epoxy paint (not to mention they Color Match Estroil Blue). The application was super simple and the end product is totally worth the cost.

I essentially took off the wheels and put the car on jackstands, cleaned the brake calipers with a wire brush and supplied brake parts cleaner. I let it all dry and masked off some of the parts of the calipers I did not want paint on (bleeder, rubber parts and the discs obviously). The application was super easy and with the Estroil Blue the coverage of paint was excellent (had full coverage on 2nd coat, but I did 4 coats total). That said, even with 4 full coats I had about half the paint left over.

If you guys are looking to change your caliper color id definitely look into G2CaliperPaint. (before painting I checked and found Estroil Blue to be a near perfect match of OEM M-Performance Blue calipers).

Link to what I bought: http://www.g2usa.com/product/CBCP-335.html

Here are the results (the outside shots are before and after):
Attached Images

Last edited by drivef30; 10-03-2019 at 01:12 AM..
Appreciate 1
johnung4528.00