07-30-2017, 10:17 AM   #22
Chicken_Joe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335i M Sport. EB 6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw doubles View Post
The CDV is 100% the culprit. Its sole purpose is to force slipping to occur for smooth engagement regardless of driver style. That was BMW's advancement to manual driving. I'm surprised that E90, or any F series owners have not made this break through and even more so that BMS or others haven't brought this to the market.

Even if you modded it with a stock clutch you win.
So you are saying that my clutch is actually fine but the CDV causes it to slip? Is that a safety feature or a byproduct of the CDV? I am curious as to if my clutch is actually bad now as last night I was beating on the car again with just 93 and map 5. Outside temps were much lower then when the car first slipped. Probably by about 20 degrees F. Nothing out of the ordinary happened. I even tried going up hill in the car in 4-5 hears and flooring it trying to make it slip and nothing happened.
13' 335i M Sport. EBII/Coral Red 6MT. RPI GT exhaust, Resonator delete, PS1, GFB DV , BM3 Stage 2, ER CP, VRSF DP, VRSF 5.5in Stepped FMIC, Dinan Shockware. Carbon M Performance rear diffuser. M4 trunk lip. Conti DWS06 225/40/19 and 255/35/19
Appreciate 0