Thread: Vinyl Wrap
View Single Post
      05-28-2019, 03:57 PM   #23
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

End result:

The knifeless tape was awesome! It made for perfect edges down the channel. I used an edged plastic tuck tool to lift the seam of the seal around the glass, then slid the backing from the vinyl so that the vinyl wouldn't stick to it in between the seal and the vinyl. Once I had the vinyl backing in the seal, I used my vinyl squeegee in a chopping manner to push down the 1/8" excess of vinyl I left after the cut on the front and back glass. I learned this method from CK Wraps and it worked amazingly well. The sunroof turned out great as well. I cut a slit inside the area of the sunroof and then cut around the diameter of the sunroof but left about 3" to work with. Using the heatgun, a squeegee and glove, I rolled the edges where I wanted them and then trimmed with a scalpel around the inside edge of the sheet metal inside the sunroof. By doing this, looking inside the sunroof from outside of the car, you can not see the OEM paint.

Quite pleased with the outcome, but the fact that my boys helped me with it means more to me than actually having it done.
Attached Images

Last edited by King Rudi; 05-28-2019 at 04:07 PM..
Appreciate 2
natahoa252.00
shay2nak1070.00