Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F31 328d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enabled View Post
Y
The other picture is during my 57 minute parking lot manifold removal and flange replacement job. I had some tools with me, so I was able to get it done fast. Then I continued on my way.
Did you vacuum fill the coolant sometime after to get rid of the air bubbles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enabled View Post
But, things could have been worse...

Here is my sister's car's harmonic balancer after she texted me that the idrive says charging malfunction and having heard a "thunk" upon starting.

For what it's worth, I've already changed my harmonic balancer with a Corteco brand one, 1+ years ago.
Add two more things to my monthly inspections. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle! View Post
Just use the same rear diff fluid (like 75w-90 LM2048) for the front diff. I've been running it in my rear diff since I put the LSD in, and put it in the front diff too.
I purchased the OEM set from FCP, so they can be grandfathered in to the old LFG program. Was about to go with the Redline 75W85 GL-5, which they claim interchangeability with the front and rear BMW part numbers. Even my trusted indy recommended it, but he recommended to stick with OEM for now since car's still in warranty.

FYI. Working on a new Rev of the schedule, found some things that were slightly off.