04-11-2022, 02:55 PM   #9
Mr Friese
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kassad View Post
If you want an MT, get the BW.

Ive now test driven the M3 and 4BW with a manual, but cant comment on the Alfa. I will be putting an order in for the Caddy.

The 4BW has a better chassis, suspension, and steering. The tremec in the 4 is amazing, and easily the biggest advantage over the M3. Its wayyyyyy better. The Ct4 also does the best Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde Ive ever experienced. The tour mode feels like an old school Caddy, and the V mode feels like, well, an old school M3.

The M3 has a better interior, it definitely feels more special on the inside, especially with the carbon seats (though i wouldnt choose them for a daily driver). The back seat is far more accommodating if you need that. But the Caddy isn't bad. All the materials are fine, the infotainment system is much improved, it has physical and redundant buttons, but its missing the emotional pizzaz that the M3 gives you.

The engines themselves are pretty similar in feel, both build boost linearly. The caddy has a slightly lower red line, but the gearing feels a little longer. The M3s sounds better, but i think its mostly artificial. The M3 might feel a little faster, but id have to drive them back to back to tell. Ive also read the 4BW is already being tuned to 650 WHP if that's your thing. I felt like the stock engine and chassis was pretty well paired for the street. The engine was enjoyable, but also approachable. I think I would be a little scared of the 5BW on public roads.

I would definitely rule out the Caddy with the auto and go with the M3 or Alfa
This is great insight, thanks. If I go M4 or Blackwing, they will definitely be manual

I actually have a Blackwing build available to me at MSRP, but the dealer has zero clue as to when it will arrive. It's crazy.
Appreciate 0