GCinFLA
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericinvalpo View Post
Hey guys,

This might be an odd question, but I just got my 2013 328xi with the N20, and I put in a floor mount for my diagnostics/realtime info tablet (it bolts into the same hole as the front left bolt on the passenger seat).

The problem I'm facing is that it's still quite shaky when in motion due to the support being an 18" aluminum rod.

The manufacturer (Arkon) includes a support brace to minimize vibration (a piece of steel c-channel) on the support shaft, but it will likely require that I screw into the passenger side trans tunnel with two narrow screws to make it the most stable.

Is there any wiring behind the plastic fascia or carpet along this side that I should worry about severing with a screw? I've already looked up the wiring schematics for the chassis, and it seems like I would be safe, but wanted a more expert opinion.

Picture attached for better detail.

Thanks a bunch!
All wiring behind there depends on how BMW (or you) decided to route the wiring for items in the console.

You can see the wiring that runs to the rear of the center console runs to the left of the gear shift, then crosses over to the right and continues to the rear iirc.

Cable in passenger floor is bundle to Radio/HVAC stack iirc.

The cable to the itouch controller would most likely be the closest cable in that area.

Honestly unsure how much help a brace there would make.

The good news is center consoles are readily available and cheap on eBay.
Attached Images

Last edited by GCinFLA; 08-18-2017 at 05:36 PM..
Appreciate 0