View Single Post
      11-24-2020, 02:03 PM   #227
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsrichierich View Post
Hmm ok, I should be fine on the bottom portion then. I got the inlet as far down as I could, and doesn't seem to be leaking. Or so I hope.

Here is more pictures on the Turner intake:

Well it definitely looks nice... but i honestly don't see the point of it when it has a 'flat' shape similar to stock, has some bends in it, and likely has a similar intake size and filter area as compared to stock. Also, the bend after the MAF and overall shape look very similar to the BMS, which from what i saw when researching intakes, was one of the most common to cause the rough idle/cold start issues. https://burgertuning.com/products/bm...ormance-intake.

After doing all my intake testing (see that thread), even the CTS didn't really show anything quantitative and i think thats the best case scenario in terms of improving flow/reducing restriction. But not to derail this thread into an intake discussion lol.

I'm pretty sure your MST install is fine and its just the intake. Because of the silicone construction, the MST seals very well and is hard to install 'incorrectly'. I bet it wouldnt even create a vacuum leak if you left the bottom hose clamp off, given how hard mine was to put on and how it sealed. Same thing for where the intake goes into the inlet up top.
Appreciate 0