terminator335i
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommy View Post
Hi guys,

just wondering if anyone here has experienced the fan turning on randomly while the cars parked. This can go on for several hours and it stops when I lock/unlock the car door. Mine has happened several times now and as a result the battery drains and I get the battery low warning when I start the car. Have checked the auto climate control settings and nothing is programmed in, its a feature I never use.
The best thing to do is if it happens next time when your car is off and it kicks in, Record a video clip on your phone showing entire thing and how your car is locked and it is on, and also continue recording it to show that the auto-climate control setting in the car is disabled and there is no timer programmed in. Take it to your dealer and show it to them, especially if it is still under warranty (it can be a bit pointless taking it to them and you can't replicate the problem there and then). They will plug it into their computer and read any error codes that is stored or fault codes thrown by car.

This sounds like its the faulty Electric engine fan or the sensor to the cooling fan needs replacing.
Appreciate 0