05-21-2019, 03:45 PM   #116
Mike.F31.MSport
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '15 328i (M) Wagon, '91 318is

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveInfante View Post
Thanks for the update. I am always in Sport or Sport+ and have gotten similar mileage. I will be taking a 1800 mile round trip mini vacation to Syracuse next month. Bimmercode has made my wagon a much more pleasant place to be.
I wish I had known about it earlier. Agreed that it makes the car more pleasant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviantspeed View Post
I'm late to this thread, but glad you are liking the F31. We love ours. Also had an STI and 3 wrx's in the past, and many turbo vw's.

Did the bimmercode thing already, there's some stuff that just stumped our genius... like auto door unlock when turning the ignition off. Needs to be coded, and I did hate all the startup bells, too!

Good stuff, hmmm E30... are you on vortex? I've owned several E30's and older bmw's, too.
I am not on vortex, just r3vlimited. I've tried keeping journals/build threads across forums before and it just becomes a hassle, so I just focus on one now: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=394272

This past Sunday my E30 placed first in the 80s BMW class of the 36th Deutsche Marque Concours d'Elegance, a local BMW CCA sponsored event. I was quite happy about that. It's my second year attending (placed second last year). Now it's time to knock out some HPDEs over the summer and fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redEYEjedi View Post
Try the BM3 tune. It changes the shift points and the power delivery is more linear. There is a noticeable change after the tune where Comfort mode drives like Sport now, Sport drives like Sport+, etc.

I also upgraded the FMIC/CP/TIP at the same time more for preventative maintenance. The FMIC I felt was necessary since last summer I was feeling the affects of heat soak from daily 90-100 degree temps.
Cool, I may check those out, thanks.

----------------------------

I washed and waxed the wagon recently. I installed the cross bars and mounted the cargo box yesterday. We have a few road trips coming up and can use the extra space for the kids' stuff.

Appreciate 1